Friday, March 6, 2015

He Will Wipe Every Tear....

Three weeks ago my family found out some devastating news: Gran (my dad's mother) had stage 4 cancer. Then, a week ago, she had a heart attack that ended her earthly life the next day.
A few days later we had a memorial service that my dear husband led as well as gave a powerful message. After we had a a time of sharing memories of Gran that brought tears and laughter.

Losing someone close whom you love dearly is never easy - it's not suppose to be. Death and grief are both part of the fall. It is evil. But as believers, we know that God has a reason for all things, the good and the bad. We also have a hope. A hope that we have an eternal home in heaven with the One who made this possible because He conquered sickness, death, sin.

I know Gran had this hope. I have full trust that, right now, she is worshipping her Father with unending joy. She is free of all her pain and suffering. She had been made new. Even though I am grieving on earth, this brings a peace and comfort.

Yes, it's difficult knowing that I will never be able to hear how proud she is of me (no matter how small of thing it was) feel her hugs, share in her love of butterflies, play games, receive birthday cards....the list goes on. Simply, I'm going to miss her beyond words.  I will always feel some guilt of not seeing her more, talking to her more, and telling her "I love you" more. But, I will always treasure the times that I spent with her.

Gran, I love you, I miss you, and I will forever long for the day that  I can join you in heaven so we can worship our Father together.


Revelation 21: 1-6

"Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea was no more.
And I saw the holy city, a new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, 'Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be His people, and God himself will be with them as their God. He will wipe every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.'
And He who was seated on the throne said, 'Behold, I am making all things new.' And He said, 'Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.' And He said to me, 'It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and then end. To the thirsty I will from the spring of life without payment."



No comments:

Post a Comment